Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sleet Storm

So here in the Washington area we finally got some real winter weather! I'd been teasing a co-worker yesterday about how we seem to get weather forcasts, but no actual weather since so often we get a lot of hype, but it never materializes. We had a "sleet storm". How crazy is that? I kid you not, it was sleeting from about midnight last time until 6-7:00 this morning! And boy is it loud!!!! I couldn't sleep with all the little ice pellets bouncing off the window. At one point I got up and went downstairs to see if there was an announcement about school for today - despite the obviousness of the horrible weather there was no announcement. The announcement about today was not made until 4:30 this morning! Then about 3:45 this afternoon we got word that school would be closed again tomorrow! Accumulated sleet is very hard to remove from the roads and such! I'm hoping to do more blogging here as I really enjoy reading other people's blogs (even complete strangers) and figured I should get into the game! :) So bookmark this site and check periodically....if there's nothing new pester me! :)

No comments: