Tuesday, February 20, 2007

PJs!

My good friend Susan posted a blog today about her escapades yesterday in her PJs....I won't post a link here to protect her privacy (although I'm not exactly convinced anyone is reading this so I'm not sure it matters!)...but it inspired me to tell some PJ tales of my own!

I thought I was bad the day I went to Giant in my PJs...now my PJs are pink thermal bottoms with little stars on them and lace on the ankles(def cannot pass for anything other jammies) and a very large light blue "Fannie Mae" long sleeve T-shirt I got during a walk-a-thon for the homeless a few years back - complete with bleach spots from cleaning the bathroom. I usually don't wear a bra with my pjs (would negate the whole experience). So one Sunday I decide I need to go to Giant and I went in that!

Then there's the dog pants...I went to a craft fair with my mom in Dec and I saw a pair of knit pants with dogs all over them - they went nicely with a large shirt that had pictures of dogs and read "bitch, bitch, bitch" - the whole ensamble was quite cute and I really should have bought the shirt but I really couldn't justify having MORE pjs as most of my closet consists of PJs. On Christmas morning however, Mommy dearest had a surprise waiting for me under the tree. No she had not bought me the cute ensamble - that's what a normal mom would do...my mom loves me way too much for store bought pjs. No, my mom MADE me a pair of flannel dog pants. She managed to find a most unattracive flannel that had dog heads all over it - it's mostly black and brown so not a pretty "color palette". She found a simple pattern, however she decided they needed a pocket (in her mind I was going to wear these pants to walk the dog so they needed to be functional) - so she sewed a patch pocket on the side of one leg - think "cargo pants" -just large enough for my keys, my ipod and maybe a poop bag. The icing on the cake however, is that the lady who cut the fabric cut it about a 1/2 yard too short and the pants fall above my ankle...so they are basically "capri pants". Try and picture this....dog print flannel cargo capri pants! That's not all - she decided I needed a shirt. Now she was running out of time so she went to her own closet and pulled out a ratty black t-shirt that was streched out of shape and had long lost it's tag. To this she added a "patch pocket" - a tiny scrap of the dog print flannel. And somehow the pocket landed on the shirt crooked...and pretty much in the middle rather then center. The whole ensamble is just hysterical! My mom actually forbid me from wearing it in her neighborhood! The really scary thing...I LOVE the pants...so comfortable, and soft - and yes I have worn them out in public! I have actually asked mom to make me another pair...only hopefully longer as they really are too short.

I'll leave you all with the mental images for now...maybe another day I'll post som pics!

1 comment:

Kate/Susan said...

Yeah! You're blogging again :-) I'll be an avid reader. :-)

I enjoyed your story too!! Pajamas are the greatest...