Friday, February 23, 2007

150 Things About Me!

1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink - Nope, I'm not the bar type

02. Swam with wild dolphins - Sadly, no. Would like to

03. Climbed a mountain - Yes, I climbed Hawksbill Mountain in Shenandoah National Park from the bottom of Cedar Run - highest mountain in the park!

04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive - No

05. Been inside the Great Pyramid - Yes! I even rode a camel in front of it!

06. Held a tarantula - Yes - it was very cool!

07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone - No

08. Said “I love you’ and meant it - Yes

09. Hugged a tree - Yes. I'm just that kind of girl.

10. Bungee jumped - No way - but I have done the "Sky Rider" thing at Kings Dominion - where you free fall and then swing...the free fall park freaks me out though.

11. Visited Paris - Paris France, no, but I have been to Paris, VA! And seen it from high above in Sky Meadows State Park.

12. Watched a lightning storm at sea - No, but I watched one in the grand canyon.

13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - Yes - way too old for that now!

14. Seen the Northern Lights - No

15. Gone to a huge sports game - I went to an OK Sooners game - it's wasn't a "Big Game" but it was a big deal to the people who were there!

16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa - No, but I walked up the stairs of the Washington Monument back in the day!

17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables - No, but I ate vegetables that someone else grew!

18. Touched an iceberg - No, but I have walked on a glacier, and drank glacier water.

19. Slept under the stars - Yes, at summer camp we often slept at the Pioneer Cabin out under the stars - lots of fun!

20. Changed a baby’s diaper - Oh boy, yes I have!

21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon - No but I'd like to...almost did it in Tetons however it was really expensive.

22. Watched a meteor shower - no

23. Gotten drunk on champagne - Yes, but that's only because it doesn't take much for me to get drunk.

24. Given more than you can afford to charity - Yes. And I've never regretted it.

25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope - No, but I have been to the planetarium!

26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - I was in 2nd or 3rd grade and it was Maundy Thursday and we were at church having a potluck dinner/seder meal. The tables were arranged in a cross and I was sitting at the far end, with my best friend and her brother. At the end of the meal we had communion and we passed the bread around and we were each supposed to tear some bread off. My friends brother grabbed the bread and tore it but he ended up tearing off a huge chunk - so the the "loaf" left in his hand was smaller than the piece he'd pulled off. Then he got really confused about which part to pass. My friend and I were laughing SOOOOO hard and we couldn't stop. Now keep in mid this is a very "reverent" place and laughing just isn't approparite! My mom finally had to trade seats with me and put me between two grown ups. To this day when Maundy Thursday rolls around I think about this and usually crack up!

27. Had a food fight - Yes, at my friend Laura's birthday party - we were about 8 - there was still chocolate cake on the ceiling years later!

28. Bet on a winning horse - No

29. Asked out a stranger - No

30. Had a snowball fight - Yes, but I was the target.

31. I accidentally deleted this one...sorry.

32. Held a lamb - Nope

33. Seen a total eclipse -no

34. Ridden a roller coaster - Yes, lots...Cedar Point is the best! :)

35. Hit a home run - No, I do good to hit the ball.

36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - Yes

37. Adopted an accent for an entire day - No

38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment - Yes, but I'd like to even more

39. Had two hard drives for your computer - no

40. Visited all 50 states - No - 37 though

41. Taken care of someone who was drunk - no

42. Had amazing friends - Yes and I still do! :)

43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country - No.

44. Watched wild whales - Nope, but I have seen wild dolphins.

45. Stolen a sign - Not exaclty....but I did steal an alien picture from the hallowed halls of Old Main at Westminter College!

46. Backpacked in Europe - No - never even gone backpacking

47. Taken a road-trip - Yep! All kinds of road trips!

48. Gone rock climbing - Yes, hated it.

49. Midnight walk on the beach - yes - when I was in Spain for a high school exhange program, we'd often sleep on the beach - not romantic - more "hobo", although we were there because we wanted to be, not because we had to be.

50. Gone sky diving - No - looks like fun, but the free fall thing gets me.

51. Visited UK - no.

52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love - yes.

53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them - No, but I think it's hysterical when Letterman does it! I'd love to try it sometime, but I don't think I could...

54. Visited Japan - Nope

55. Milked a cow - Nope

56. Alphabetized your CDs - Of course. They didn't stay that way...

57. Pretended to be a superhero - Yes, with Wonder Woman Underoos would could resist pretending to be a superhero!

58. Sung karaoke - Nope

59. Lounged around in bed all day - Yes, my 1st year teaching I caught an awful bug!

60. Posed nude in front of strangers - no.

61. Gone scuba diving - yes, sorta...it was in a pool.

62. Kissed in the rain - No

63. Played in the mud - Definitely have

64. Played in the rain - Yes, and I love it... I love being out in the rain.

65. Gone to a drive-in theater - Yes, in High School with our youth group.

67. Started a business - No

68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken - not yet.

69. Toured ancient sites - Yes, toured ruins in Israel...very, very cool stuff.

70. Taken a martial arts class - No

71. Played a game for more than 6 hours - Yes, Risk - we had games of that that lasted multiple days! I have also played some card games - Uno and Egyptian Rat Screw - for that long.

72. Gotten married - no

73. Been in a movie - only home movies. My amazing graham cracker and frosting creation was featured on a YouTube exclusive!

74. Crashed a party - Please, I was never that cool.

75. Gotten divorced - No - gotta get married for that!

76. Gone without food for 5 days - No way.

77. Made cookies from scratch - Yes - only way to make cookies.

78. Won first prize in a costume contest - Never, ever.

79. Ridden a gondola in Venice - no.

80. Gotten a piercing - Yes - two, one in each ear.

81. Rafted the Snake River - yep - not "Whitewater" but we floated down the Snake
River in the shadow of the Grand Tetons!

82. Been on television news programs as an “expert” - No, but I did "star" in a video clip about Math games that was shown to the school board!

83. Got flowers for no reason - Nope.

84. Performed on stage - Yep. Drama club abnd chours in High School.

85. Been to Las Vegas - No

86. Recorded music - Nope

87. Eaten shark - Nope

88. Had a one-night stand - No

89. Gone to Thailand - Nope.

90. Bought a house - Yes, sitting in it right now.

91. Been in a combat zone - Nope

92. Buried one / both of your parents - Nope.

93. Been on a cruise ship - Yes - twice - once to the Bahamas and once to Mexico.

94. Spoken more than one language fluently - I came close to being fluent in Spanish.

95. Performed in Rocky Horror - Nope (never even seen it)

96. Raised children (or…raising children) - Other people's kids, but I only get the for 7 hours a day for a school year...

97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour - Nope

98. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country - no - I'm not so much into bicyling...an exotic hiking tour I'd be all for!

100. Picked up and moved to another city to start over - Yes. And hated it every time.

101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge - Nope

102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking - As often as I can.

103. Had plastic surgery - Nope

104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived - no

105. Wrote articles for a large publication - no

106. Lost over 100 pounds - No.

107. Held someone while they were having a flashback - No.

108. Piloted an airplane - No.

109. Petted a stingray - Yes, at Sea World in FL.

110. Broken someone’s heart - not that I know of.

111. Helped an animal give birth - no

112. Won money on a T.V. game show - Always a viewer, never a contestant.

113. Broken a bone - no

114. Gone on an African photo safari - No, but I saw some pictures of a friend's trip!

115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced - NO

116. Fired a rifle, shotgun or pistol - No

117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild - Um no, I like to live.

118. Ridden a horse - Yes, I used to take riding lesson until my allergies got the best of me! I did enjoy the riding part, I hated the sneezing for hours afterward part.

119. Had major surgery - no - I had some warts removed in high school

120. Had a snake as a pet - No, but my friend Mel had a 6ft python and we'd take her out and play with her!

121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - no but I'd like to

122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours - Yes - after lock ins and stuff...

123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states - No. I have a ways to go

124. Visited all 7 continents - Nope

125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days - No - but it sounds like fun!

126. Eaten kangaroo meat - No way!

127. Eaten sushi - yes, and I didn't like it.

128. Had your picture in the newspaper - prob but I can't remember why.

129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about - not that I know
of.

130. Gone back to school - Yes - I'm working on my 2nd master's degree

131. Parasailed - Never, but would love to

132. Petted a cockroach - Eww, eww, eww!!

133. Eaten fried green tomatoes - Yeah, and I liked them.

134. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey by Homer - nope.

135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read - Tolkien...although I didn't make it though...high fantasy is not my thing.

136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - No

137. Skipped all your high school reunions - Only had one so far, and I think pretty
much everyone skipped it

138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - Yes - I work in a diverse school so I frequently communicate without a common language.

139. Been elected to public office - No way. I haven't even run!

140. Written your own computer language - Nope

141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream - Yes

142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care - Thankfully, no.

143. Built your own PC from parts - No

144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you - No

145. Had a booth at a street fair - Nope

146. Dyed your hair - no

147. Been a DJ - No.

148. Shaved your head - No.

149. Caused a car accident - Not that I know of.

150. Saved someone's life - Not that I know of.

No comments: