Friday, February 16, 2007

Out of School Again!

We are out of school for the 3rd day in a row! Sounds silly when you think that all we got was a bunch of sleet, however 3-4 inches of sleet is very hard to remove. It's very heavy and the temps have been so long it all froze up totally solid and it's been very hard to dig cars and such out. Also t he side walks are in very bad shape. This stuff sorta reminded me of oobleck...not quite solid, but not liquid either - hard to move. But unlike oobleck it doesn't dry out into a cornstarchy powder after an hour so and get vacuumed up! I don't understand why Blogger won't let me hit return and put lines between my paragrahs....anyone know? No big plans for today - gather my tax stuff to mail to my accountant (aka my dad), go to the grocery store, cook something yummy to eat, maybe read for class some. Tomorrow I have plans to go hiking with a group of folks from "Meetup" - it's an online bullietin board almost of activities and things to do - there's a group of hikers and while I have been a "member" of the group for awhile I have never actually hiked with them. It's an early morning - we are meeting at a park 2 hours from my house at 8:30 tomorrow morning! I don't think it will be a long hike though so I should be back by evening. We are going to Catocin Mountain NP in Maryland - it's really close to Camp David, I have wanted to go there for awhile but just haven't. It's supposed to be 37 degrees tomorrow which will feel downright tropical compared to the 20s we have had for the last few weeks!

No comments: