Saturday, July 26, 2008

Everyone's Doing it....

The Meme is like a virus....everyone has it....

I can take criticism, and realize some memories of me might not be the nicest. Sometimes the truth hurts. Hopefully one or two people have a fond memory of me.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn’t matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It’s actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I’ll assume you’re playing the game and I’ll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don’t want to play on your blog, or if you don’t have a blog, I’ll leave my memory of you in my comments.

So there you go. What do you remember about me (whether in real life or on-line since many people reading this live exclusively in my computer)?

3 comments:

Kate/Susan said...

One of my favorite memories of things we did together was when you came over last year for my birthday and we made the British food. It was so good and so much fun and was really a great birthday. And you gave me the ulu (??) which I use pretty much daily.

We still have to jam for lobster thermidor :-) Maybe this year.

nettiemac said...

Yes!! Finding another A Phi O brother from a chapter not my own (or the other two in our tri-chapter group) was fantastic!!!!

Talmadge said...

You're right, thinking of a good memory for someone whom I've only known a short time isn't easy. Heck, it's as difficult as thinking back among 10 years' worth (Nettie, Sera), or 20+ (Bolivar).

I was pondering my response earlier while we drove into town to deliver a cake to a wedding. I looked down at my can of Diet Mtn. Dew and it hit me. Not the can, the memory.

Two words, my friend: DRINKING CALORIES. They came from you. Prior to May 5, when I started WW, I was a sodahead. If it said COKE or SQUIRT on the can, it was inhaled. I didn't think I could get this far ... my first routine mod was to cut back to 1 regular soda per day.

As I began this change in eating, I was starting to see sugared drink product as being "empty calories." But what it took was your phrase about "drinking calories." I think it was the key which got me far away from anything canned or bottled with sugar in it.

1x/day became 2x "fountain dew" + 2x sugared soda per week ... but now it's just 2x "fountain dew" per week (I still love 'em). BUT, it's now been one week since my last one.

I might be at the cusp of swearing off all sugared drinks entirely. And I have you to thank for helping me to this point. Seriously.

Right now, Melissa, I've "met" you, but at some point I'm sure Sera and I will have the pleasure of MEETING you.

(Maybe you could join us for the first annual Pedro-Fest, still in the planning stages?)

-Tal