Saturday, July 26, 2008

Autobiographical Widget

Back in March Drew tagged me and I'm big procrastinator (see below entry about the car title!)and didn't participte so here goes:

Books are scarce in the world. They are illegal in some provinces. They are not easily replaced if not impossible to replace if lost in many if not most circumstances. If you can replace a book or buy one it is usually through the black market at astronomical costs that you cannot afford. Yet you have been able to maintain one of the best collections in the world. If your entire library was about to burn up (think of the firefighters in Fahrenheit 451 invading your home) and you could only have one* book to take with you other than the bible, what would that be and why?

Simple Rules
Answer the question. Offer one quote that resonates with you. Tag five people whose response is of genuine interest to you and inform him or her that they have been tagged. Cheers!


*And it cannot be an entire series of something, that’s cheating.


I have entirely too many books, although there is truly no such thing! I have 5 floor to celing bookcases in my 3rd bedroom filled with books. They are mostly kids book that I have for my classroom and I couldn't possibly even begin to pick just 1 to save - they all serve different purposes!

I would pick one from my "to be read" piled for sure because I'm not a huge fan of re-reading books (children's books are the exception, "adult" books I like to read once and move on...too many books, too little time, to re-read) - that lends the question do I grab the library book since it's not mine and I should return it?

THe rules say that "my" library is going to burn up - a library book isn't actually mine so the 4 library books I have should be safe....therefore I'm going to take "The Time Traveler's Wife" for 2 simple reasons: 1)I haven't read it yet and 2) it's long so it will be keep me busy until I can buy more books!

Now to tag: Susan (of course!), Elizabeth, Liz, Judy, and anyone else who wants to respond! :)

No comments: