Sunday, June 08, 2008

Wegmans

Today was the big day! Our brand new Wegman's opened! :)

I'd been looking forward to this for almost a year!
My friend Susan and I met each other over there - we were going to get stuff for book club, only I'd decided to skip out on book club (yesterday I was at a friends cook out and twisted my ankle and while it's not bad, I didn't want to overdo things, also it was a tough week at school and I wanted a low key day anyway so I was glad for the excuse for book club!) and she decided to bring left overs for book club so we just browsed.

Just getting in was an experience - it was like Disney World - there were SOOOOO many people. Traffic was backed up on the road in! This is DC after all so of course anything worth doing involved sitting in bumper to bumper traffic! The parking lot resembled Tyson's Corner on Christmas Eve, but I managed to get lucky and quickly scored a parking spot, a close one no less, and a shopping cart! Woo-hoo!

Upon walking in I realized that our Wegmans is much nicer than the one in Fairfax! We have 2 hot food bars, a salad bar, a whole section od pre-packaged prepared food! The whole story was wall to wall people though. I picked up some lemon squares, an eclair, some bagels - they didn't have the veggie cream cheese that I like, :( but I found some that might be good, they also didn't have the hummus I like on the Mediterrian Bar.

As we were checking out we learned that the Woodbridge Wegmans is the largest store to date!!!!! :) I'm so thrilled that I finally have an AWESOME grocery store right in my backyard! I can't wait to go back one day next week when school's out and everyone else is at work!

YIPEEE!!!!!!!

1 comment:

bv said...

yes, the wegmans was great - i went with my wife and walked around, just to check it out yesterday morning.

we got a kick out of most of the shoppers though, who might as well been at a Walmart, with their cases of soda and water!

ha...