Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tag, I'm it!

Susan tagged me a few days ago and I'm finally getting to this....enjoy!

What was I doing ten years ago?
June 1998 - I'd just moved to Norman OK a few months earlier and was navigating my 1st summer as a Christan Ed director for a smallish church. That was one of the hottest summers on record in OK - lucky for me I got to go on a 2 week mission trip with the youth to Mendocino CA where it got to 60 degrees on a hot day!

What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
"Work" is so pervasive these days - only 2 more days with kids - that it's hard to come up with anything "not work"....I'm scraping bottom, but I will be doing work stuff all day....
1. get my allergy shots
2. pay the bills
3. read for my summer class (that's close to "work" related, but not quite)
4. Feed the dog
5. take a shower

5 Snacks I enjoy:
* The Wegman's Bakery - pretty much anything, cookies, lemon squares, elcairs, carrot cake....
* Chocolate - any type...mini candy bars like butterfinger and Nestle Crunch
* Ice cream - to counteract all the other stuff I get light ice cream!
* Kashi Dark Chocolate and Cherry granola bars
* Jello with light cool whip (for when I'm feeling guilty about all the other stuff!)

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
I'd move in to Susan's development so I could be around my friends and have the support of a great community!

I'd apply to all the foster care agency's and get my name on the list to take every baby and toddler that the state needed a temporary home for.

Foster Care alone should suck up a billion dollars pretty quick, but if there's money left over, I'd start my own school and only hire teachers who will teach within my philosophy...

Places I have lived:
In chronological order,
Alexandria, VA 1975-1979 (Waynewood area, new Mt. Vernon)
North Tarrytown, NY 1979-1987(home of WAshington Irving and the Headless Horseman)
Cincinnati, OH 1987-1993 (Indian Hill area)
Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA 1993-1997
Greenville, PA 1997-1998
Norman, OK 1998-2000
Alexandria, VA 2000-2002 (Rose Hill/Springfield Area)
Woodbridge, VA 2002- present (Lake Ridge area)

Jobs I have had:
Babysitter
Camp counselor
Arts and Crafts Director
Resident Assistant
Head Start Volunteer
Children's Colthing Expert (aka Customer Service at the Osh Gosh Bgosh factory store)
Substitute teacher
Christian Education Director
Day Care teacher - all ages
Filing person for a lawyer (lasted 3 days)
Tutor
Kindergarten Teacher
1st grade teacher

Only a few folks left to tag....Identity Mixed, Drew, and anyone else who might be reading this!

3 comments:

Seraphim9 said...

I'm starting to see a theme with this group of folks - camp counselor!

Ahhhh....I just thought of another thing I'd do with a billion dollars - open up my own summer camp. Those were such idyllic days. :-)

bolivar said...

Not a bad idea - open up a summer camp. Unfortunately, I would probably be like Bill Murray was in "Meatballs"!

Oh well...

Unknown said...

Oh yeah - start my own summer camp! There's a dream of mine! For real! In college I worked at a summer camp for inner city kids, we went into Cincinnati and got some of the toughest, neediest kids around and took them out to camp for a week! It was awesome! The students at my school would really benefit from something like that, I'd love to open a camp near the Northern VA area (like maybe near Shenandoah National Park) and cater to children who might not otherwise get to go to camp. That's what I'll do with my billion dollars!