Saturday, June 28, 2008

Spiritual Gifts?

Found this hokey test at my friend Identity Mixed's blog....check it out here

I had theological issues with 1/2 the questions, I clicked "strongly disagree" so many times that I'm surprised it didn't come back saying I was Jewish! :) HA!

Here are my scores....doesn't appear that I'm "spiritually gifted" - oh well. There are worse things!


Following are the top three results of your Spiritual Gifts Test:


Score Spiritual Gifts Scripture Reference

67% Servant/Helps Acts 6:2-4
67% Leadership Hebrews 13:7
67% Hospitality Acts 16:14-15


This test reminded me of a conversation I had with a pastor of church in OK. We were both serving for a week as chaplains at Dwight Mission, a PCUSA Camp and Confrence Center in Sallisaw, OK. This was my 3rd summer at Dwight and it was his first. He was an oldish guy - prob in his 50s. A few weeks after camp I was moving to Northern VA to go to grad school to get my masters in Education. We were discussing this move and he said "I really think you need to stay open, I think God is going to call you to the ordianed ministry" I replied "God is calling me loud and clear, he wants me to teach in America's public schools. God calls people to things other than ordained ministry." I don't recall his comment after that, I think he just shut up. I mean really, who the h*ll is he to tell me what God wants? I know he's a pastor and all but really?

Maybe my "spriutal gift" is pissing off people with spiritual gifts?

2 comments:

nettiemac said...

I hated the four possible answers -- whatever happened to "neutral" or "does not apply?"!!! :D

I know what my gift is: singing. I use it in choir/cantoring. So there. End of quiz -- HA!

Identity Mixed said...

That is really funny that both leadership and servanthood come up for you! How about that!