Thursday, March 20, 2008

VENT

I have horrible allergies. Most of you know that. My allergies are so bad that I get allergy shots. 3 a week in fact. My allergist is about 30 miles from my house so I take my allergy serum and get my shots at another allergists office. My allergist is not really a very nice person, she's not someone I'd want for a friend, but it's not her job to be my friend, it's her job to fix my allergies and she's very good at that. Her office staff shares her lack of interpersonal skills. But again, my life is so much better after having started treatment with them that I was willing to put up with it.

The rule is that when you need new serum you have to fill out the order form that was given to you when you got your serum (they have blank forms on thier websit but I got yelled at for using them) and fax it in about 2 weeks before you need it. Then you have to call to get an appointment to come in for your 1st shots.

Being as the dr is in Reston getting there and getting home is an issue - always involves leaving school early and getting home almost after bedtime - so I was thrilled that my need for new serums and my spring break concinded and I could go to Reston mid-day and then I could even run the serums over to the place where I get my shots so it doesn't have to live in my fridge for a week and risk me forgetting it.

So today I met a friend for lunch at 11:30 and then my appointment was a 3:15. I ended up with about 2 hours to kill. I wandered Barnes and Noble and Wegeman's but neither was really where I needed to be today. Then made my way over to the dr.

They call me back and the gal (I "affectionatley" call her the shot Nazi...seriously she's just mean)says "you have your serums right?" Ummm....no, that's why I'm here. She then asks when I faxed the form in....ummm..2 weeks ago. Well, we didn't get it. She then searches the pile and low and behold there's my form. She then debates the date that is conviently stamped at the top by the fax machine - doubting that I could have possibly sent it that day. She then informs me that SHE was on vacation and she mixed all the serums she had before she went and mine obviously wasn't in there and I'd have to come back next week. WHAT???????

No I'm sorry.

I'm beyond pissed. You see I basically wasted a day of my vacation waiting for my appointment and then drove all the way to Reston and now I have to do it again next week. Next week when I have to leave school early and deal with traffic. And not only that this gal made it out like it was all my fault! grrrrrr.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tagged! Here. It's simple, yet thought-provoking...

Identity Mixed said...

Yuck. I hate her!