Sunday, March 09, 2008

Movie Review

I actually went to the movies. In the theater. That alone is worthy of a post, considering that in the last 5 years the only movies I have seen in the theater are: Finding Nemo, The 40-Year Old Virgin, Happy Feet, and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. Needless to say I have been enormously disapointed by my choices in movies to see in the theater! This weekend I had some down time - had planned to go hiking but the weather had other plans - so I decided I'd catch a movie.

My 1st thought was that I'd see "Fool's Gold" simply because it starred Matthew McConaughey and he's such a hunk. Even if the movie sucked, at least I'd have eye candy. As I read through the movie listing though, I saw that Juno was still playing. I'd heard a little about that one and really wanted to see it so I bought my tickets and off I went.

What a fabulous movie!!!!! I LOVED it! It's kooky and cheesy and totally sarcastic! It's also very real and deals with some controversial issues. I laughed so hard at many of the fab quotes! Unfortuently I can't find my favorite quote online - I'm going to have to buy it on DVD so I can get that quote. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it! If you liked "Little Miss Sunshine" you will love this one!

Allison Janeys - from West Wing - plays Juno's wiseass mother - she totally rocked!
The guy who plays Dwight on the Office played the part of a droll store clerk which got the movie off to a hysterical start!

It also starred Jason Bateman - you might remember him from Valerie's Family or was it Hogan Family? I think the show changed names a million times - it was a late 1980's sitcom about a family and the mom died and the dad was a pilot and there were 3 kids...you basic straighforward cheesy sitcom. Anyway, Jason Bateman starred in that show as the protective older brother and boy did I ever have a crush on him! Him and Michael J Fox were my dream boys!!!!! I was thrilled to see that he was in Juno - I had my eye candy after all!!!! It was good to see him again as he hasn't been around.

2 comments:

Kate/Susan said...

You must not have been watching "Arrested Development"!!!! Jason Bateman starred on that show and it reignited my amour for him all over again... you gotta check it out. I have all 3seasons on DVD. :-)

bolivar said...

I saw "Fools' Gold" with JLo on Valentine's Day. This was the first movie I have ever seen in a cinema that I fell asleep during the movie. Totally boring movie. I haven't seen "Juno" yet (JLo has, and really enjoyed the movie), but I think you made the better choice.