Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What Daisy Wants....

Daisy gets.....

Daisy Mae has taken a liking to sleeping in my wingback armchair. It used to be when I wasn't home but now she'll try and hop in anytime. Even to the point of being peeved with me when I sit there. She'll pace and sniff and try every angle to get in and then walks away perturbed that she has to sleep on the floor. Nevermind that the couch is right there and she used to sleep there all the time, but doesn't like it anymore.

I decided that I was sick of having Daisy sleep in my chair - it's got a slip cover on it that is getting really grungy from constant use and the dog only makes it grungier - so I thought I'd pile up some stuff in the chair to keep her out. This morning I put my cross stitch basket in the chair, my wheeled "reading table" in front and the crammed the ottoman in front. I figured this was sufficient for an ancient blind dog. I figured wrong.....here's what I cam home to.....






Remember that she is blind....can't see a thing....how did she ever wedge herself in here?

1 comment:

Talmadge said...

Sounds like Daisy has asserted herself as The Queen, and your chair as Her Throne.

As for Daisy's sight, consider that Puddy is entirely blind in one eye, and getting there in the other, yet she still gets around. Dogs are amazing, aren't they?