Friday, June 29, 2007

Summer Addictions

A little over a week into summer vacation and I have developed some major addictions!

1. Deadliest Catch - Who would have ever thought that Alaskan Crab fishing could be so interesting! My friend Kristen turned me on to it and now I'm hooked! (pun intended!) Basically, the show is Alaskan Crab fishing as it happens on the Bering Sea - nothing scripted, nothing made up, nothing done just for the sake of making it look good, it's true reality TV!

2. M&Ms - most specifically, Peanut Butter M&Ms, they are like Reese's Pieces on steroids!!!!! They have a lot more peanut butter inside them and are just plain yummy!

3. Yoga - I have a pass to my nearby county rec center/gym. I originally joined because of the pool - I'd go and swim laps, now however I'm getting into other activities that they offer. I have been going to water aerobics for a few years now and yes I'm the youngest by a long shot. They have 1 yoga class that is in included in the pass, gentle yoga, it's a beginners class and I went for the 1st time this week and am hooked on that too. I like the Mon instructor better than the Wed instructor though. The gal who teaches on Mon is very high energy and outgoing and the yoga is more "power yoga" than what you think of when you think of yoga - I was very sore the day after her class! On a different note: my treadmill at home is broken, and so today I went to the rec center to try their treadmills....very nice machines! I still like having my own at home (no time limits, can watch DVDs while I walk), but I may use the ones at the rec center occasionally for a change of pace!

1 comment:

Take My Cape said...

Ditto to Deadliest Catch and M&Ms. Yoga..... not so much. :)