Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Monday Evening at Prince William Forest Park

On Monday it was such a beautiful day I had to get out and enjoy! I didn't get moving in time to get out to SNP so I took Daisy Mae on a short jaunt in Prince William Forest Park. I'd hoped to see some beavers, however did not. :( Enjoy the pics of our evening!

A small falls on the South Fork of Quantico Creek.

Daisy hot and tired after just about a mile!


Beaver project, but no beavers. :(

Some small wildflowers...one of the few signs of Spring we saw.

The setting sun viewed through the trees.


A fire hydrant in the middle of the woods! Maybe Andrew will add a chapter to his "Random Boilers in the Woods" book to include other random urban developments! I'm really curious about what it's doing there, and how it got there!

Daisy heading down to the creek to get a drink of water!

Daisy in the car, exhausted after 2 miles and ready to go home for dinner!





1 comment:

Kate/Susan said...

Great pictures!

Looks like Daisy had a lot of fun too!

I love the picture of the sun through the trees.