Saturday, April 14, 2007

Elizabeth Furnace Hike - GWNF

Finally, I'm posting the pictures from my hike in the Elizabeth Furnace area of George Washington National Forest from last weekend! It was a beautiful day,however it was frigid! As evidenced by the amount of clothes we all have on! The cold temps are why I didn't take more pictures, in order to take a picture I would have had to stop and then I would have gotten cold! This trail has wonderful winter views of both the Massanuttan Mountains and the Shenandoah mountains. This was the 2nd time I have hiked in GWNF - I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to more hikes over there! :)


A view from a rock outcropping.

Surrounded by mountains!

Beryl, someone who's name I don't recall, and Andrew

Jeff, Russ (our fearless leader), and Robert, Beryl's son, don't remember the name of the man who is seated.
You can really see how cold it is out - we all have our hats and gloves on!

It was a terrific hike, with great company! I will def. repeat this hike soon! :)

1 comment:

Kate/Susan said...

I enjoy living vicariously through your blog, as it's going to be quite some time before I hike any mountains. :-) Your pictures are always great. Thanks for posting them!