Sunday, March 11, 2007

Kennedy Peak

Yesterday I went on a lovely nine mile hike to Kennedy Peak in George Washington National Forest! Rain was in the forcast, however it never materialized, rather it was 60 degress and sunny! It was a wonderfully beautiful day, although it was very hazy and that hampered the views from Kennedy Peak. There was some snow and ice on the trail but nothing like a few weeks ago when I was sliding on my behind down the mountain!
Enjoy the pictures!





The river snaking through the valley is the Shenandoah River. This is looking east to the city of Luray.










The Traditional "Blue Ridge" shot!

On my way home from GWNF I decided to drive up Skyline Drive rather than going back via Sperryville. There was some rain moving in from the west which hampered the view somewhat, however I caught this view which reminded of the pictures on postcards and coffee table books! I actually took this picture by sticking the camera though the sunroof of the car!

2 comments:

Blog do Mario Mello said...

Hi

I just say hello from Brazil
Very nice pictures and blog

bye

Mario
Brazil
http://blogdomariomello.blogspot.com

Kate/Susan said...

Beautiful pictures, Melissa! I love how it's kind of misty. :-)