Thursday, July 08, 2010

Time for a Road Trip!

If it’s July it must be time for what has become an annual camping, hiking & kayaking expedition into our National Parks!

Although this year I am taking not 1 but 2 iPhones with me so we might as well dispense with the idea that this is a “camping” trip right now! :-)

This year’s destination is the Pacific Northwest!  I’m flying into Seattle and from there will travel to North Cascades National Park Complex, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Rainier, and Olympic NP. 

I will also be taking a side trip to Portland to visit with my best friend from Elementary School and her nine month old daughter! :-)

As has become the tradition I am renting an RV!  This year I went with Cruise America – they are a nation-wide company and they typically cover their rental units with giant graphics!  Not looking forward to that!  However, they offer a “compact” RV and at 19 ft I think it might be just about perfect for me! 

Unlike last year’s trip to Maine, this year I will have some traveling companions – my parents!  They left Williamsburg about 2 weeks ago and have been driving like the wind to get to Seattle ahead of me.  I think they will roll into the Seattle KOA later afternoon tomorrow and I arrive around 9 pm!

Be on the look out for blog posts about the trip to follow! I’ll likely be blogging daily and posting as internet connections allow!

1 comment:

Kate/Susan said...

Have a blast. I miss you already! In fact, I think I'll just sit down and cry :-( Like Leah... "DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWAAAAAAAAHHYHHH" Yeah, doesn't work wuth me either!