Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Very Special Easter

In my previous post I told you all about my friends Susan and Michael and their adoption, well, in the last month much has happened! First of all, about two weeks ago we learned that the baby was in fact not a boy!!!!! That's right George Henry is actually Leah Katherine!

Leah Katherine was born on Wednesday April 8 at 3:53 AM! Susan and Michael have to stay in MD until the courts process the adoption and today I got to go up and visit them and meet "The Cupcake" or "The Angel" as she has been nicknamed!

This was truly an extra special way to spend Easter - with my dear friends who are now parents thanks to a truly unselfish act! Adoption is just plain amazing and "B" as we have come to know the birthmom as is a true hero in my book! Thank you B for making the choice that you did and bringing this wonderful family together! :-)

I know you all want to see pictures - I took close to 30 today of Leah and her cousin Dottie, but am only posting 5, and right now it's the "Leah Show"!


















2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the last two pictures...Leah looks so peaceful and Susan looks so happy. :)

Take My Cape said...

I LOVE her hair. :)

Lucky girl!